This is car and walking tour around Central Havana and other neighborhoods in the city to experience the daily life and reality of local Cubans. We will go to markets, parks, restaurants, clinics, entertainment and cultural spots, businesses, and many other places that are important to local people.
During the tour, your guide will enlighten you about how the government social services work, the alternative economy in Cuba, and how Cubans are continually inventing ways to live and get by within extreme constraints.
• The University of Havana is our starting point. A bastion of learning and creativity on the border of Central Havana.
• Callejon de Hamel, a community project focused on Afro-Cuban religion, art, and culture.
• A visit to a local bodega (corner store) that supplies basic food and supplies to all Cuban families
• Tommies Joint, the home-restaurant of an extraordinary ex-ballet dancer filled with his collections of memorabilia, art, and photos.
• El Jelengue de Areito is a small music club where the locals go for traditional rumba or son music.
The above itinerary is an example tour and may change on any given day.
Tour type: city tour
Your guide: Boogalu host-guide
Duration: 4 hrs.
Transportation: pickup & drop off / car transport and walking
Booking: see the options below