Dancing in Cuba is like talking. Something quite normal, rich, and social. Having developed from the street - the tradition has produced some world famous styles such as the mambo, cha-cha-cha, and son. In this workshop guests will be introduced to dancing the modern popular style known as "casino" (the Cuban style of salsa).
The workshop often takes place in a private studio or with larger groups - at their accommodation. The teachers and their assistants are seasoned professional dance teachers who speak English. These introductory classes are geared for beginners and can work for people with no dance experience as well.
Classes often feature these elements in this format:
• Warm-up exercises.
• Tips on social dance position and etiquette.
• Introduction to the basic steps.
• Help on feeling the music and keeping time with your feet.
• Learning to dance in a circle called "rueda de casino" with a leader calling dance changes.
• Practising some of the typical dance sequences that have colorful names like: "Coca Cola".
• Dancing as male-female partners as you would in a club.
Beyond all the practise and technique - as with all social events in Cuba - the whole idea is to have fun. And your dance instructors will make sure of that. Social partner dancing in Cuba is intimate and sensual. You will come away feeling more Cuban.
Tour type: workshop-class
Your guide: Boogalu host-guide + specialty guide
Duration: 2 hrs.
Transportation: pickup & drop off
Booking: see the options below